Mitchells Land Agency and Professional Services Division staff is able to provide professional advice on a wide range of matters to the rural community in North and West Cumbria with the aim of providing an unrivalled service across a wide portfolio of professional work, such as:
- Valuation – we are fully qualified to perform valuations for private and taxation purposes with staff being members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV) . We are also able to value property for secured lending as members of a number of bank valuation panels and have specialist knowledge of agricultural / rural assets.
- Compensation – The provision and maintenance of infrastructure and utilities such as roads, pipelines and cables results in various forms of compensation and associated land purchases. In the majority of cases we can be appointed to perform the work with payment for our services made by the service company.
- Landlord/Tenant Matters – we are able to advise on and put in place annual grazing agreements and longer term Farm Business Tenancies and are able to deal with Agricultural Holdings act Tenancy matters – acting either for Landlord or Tenant.
- Windfarms & Telecommunications – Development away from agriculture has the potential to provide farmers and landowners with useful alternative sources of income. We have the knowledge and experience to ensure that income is maximised with minimum disruption to farming practices.
- Development – Land and built property with the potential for development can release significant amounts of capital to their owner. For many clients such opportunities can often be a ‘once in a lifetime’ event, which we appreciate and have the capacity to manage as such.
- Single Payment Scheme – Advice on claiming SPS and assistance on SPS application and Entitlement transfers.
- Agricultural Dwelling House Report – For those looking to build a second house on the farm we are able to produce the report required by the Local Planning Authority to justify the need for the second dwelling.
- Planning Applications – We are able to apply for ‘Notice of Intent’ for new agricultural buildings and have regular contact with Planning Consultants able to handle full planning applications.
- Business Management – We are able to offer a wide range of Business Management services to our clients, including land purchase assessment, business planning, tenders to rent, etc.
For all your professional needs in the rural sector give Mitchells a ring, send us an email or pop into our offices at the auction mart and we will do our best for you!